We are excited to invite you to our next digital session this 26 August 2020! Join us for an interesting evening with Dr. Sabine Österle, Team Lead Data Interoperability, Personalized Health Informatics Group at the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics as we discuss the ‘Swiss Personalised Health Network (SPHN)’ initiative.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We will discuss
– how Sabine was inspired to chose this career path in healthcare and data science
– how it is to negotiate as a woman between the still very male dominated field of universities and other institutions
– how SPHN builds a dynamic scalable decentralized infrastructure based on a network with existing players in Switzerland
– how it aims to make health (e.g. clinical routine data) and health-related (e.g. cohorts, genomics, proteomics) data FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable and usable).
Dr. Sabine Österle is currently the Team Lead for the Data Interoperability subteam and interim co-lead of the BioMedIT team at the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB). She oversees and manages the Personalised Informatics Group (PHI) portfolio and related activities towards achieving the interoperability goals/FAIR data in the Swiss Personalised Health Network (SPHN). The PHI runs the Data coordination centre of the SPHN and BioMedIT.
The SPHN is an initiative of the Swiss Federal Government, namely the State Secretariat for Education, Research, and Innovation (SERI) and the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH). We will discuss how SPHN builds a dynamic scalable decentralized infrastructure based on a network with existing players in Switzerland. And how it aims to make health (e.g. clinical routine data) and health-related (e.g. cohorts, genomics, proteomics) data FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable and usable).
18:30 Start and welcome
- Presentation of Women in Digital Health
- Dr. Sabine Österle: “Make health and health-related data shareable in Switzerland”
- Interactive Q&A
19:30 End of the Event
Enjoy exclusive benefits as a member of the Women in Digital Health community. Not a member yet? Sign up today!